CBD herbal tea: the steps to successfully infuse it
Concocted from THC-free or low-THC cannabis leaf, or with soluble CBD oil, CBD herbal tea is appreciated for its rich taste. Indeed, thanks to the terpenes it contains, the cannabis flower offers a range of flavors that appeals to all tastes.
A healthy alternative to inhaling or smoking, CBD herbal tea also has many benefits. Zoom on the subject.
The recipe for CBD herbal tea
How to prepare CBD infusion? Making CBD herbal tea is very simple and quick (just a few minutes). Plus, it requires few ingredients.
Indeed, for a CBD infusion (tea and herbal tea), you just need to have cannabis flowers on hand. Then, according to everyone's wishes, we can add:
- a little fat (butter, cream, oil or milk) to facilitate absorption by the body;
- a splash of milk (optional)
- ; a little honey or sugar to give more flavor to the CBD herbal tea.
It could also be interesting to add other plants such as chamomile or licorice to benefit from both the properties of cannabidiol and the virtues of these plants. Furthermore, many consumers of CBD herbal tea do not hesitate to mix several plants to have different tastes.
For preparation, there are two possibilities:
- to the kettle;
- or in the pan.
The two methods are almost similar.
There is also a third method for preparing CBD herbal tea: with CBD oil.
Preparing CBD herbal tea in the kettle
- Boil water in the kettle.
- Pour hot water into a cup.
- Add a little fat and a splash of milk;
- Put 0.5 g of crumbled CBD flower into the mixture.
- Infuse using a tea ball.
- Leave for approximately 15 minutes.
- Remove the tea ball.
- Add sugar or honey according to taste.
Preparing the cannabis infusion in a saucepan
- Boil 1 liter of water in a saucepan.
- Leave to simmer while reducing the heat.
- Add fat;
- Add 0.5 g of legal cannabis flower reduced to pieces;
- Leave to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove plant debris with a sieve.
- Add sugar or honey.
Preparation of CBD infusion with CBD oil
- Boil water in a saucepan.
- Put a tea bag in a cup and pour boiling water.
- Leave to infuse.
- Remove the tea bag.
- Add fat.
- Pour in some CBD oil and stir until the ingredients mix well.
The benefits of a cannabis infusion
Numerous studies have shown the scientifically proven virtues of CBD . CBD infusions:
- soothe pain;
- reduce anxiety and stress;
- promote falling asleep and improve sleep;
- facilitate digestion
- relieve abdominal cramps and stomach pain,
- help avoid constipation;
- have a detox effect
CBD herbal tea is not the only way to consume cannabidiol. Indeed, CBD is consumed in different ways :
- in the form of oil;
- dietary supplement ;
- by inhalation;
In Europe, the oral consumption of CBD is highly regulated. Unlike topical CBD cream . In addition, the latter can be used on a daily basis.
How to choose a CBD tea?
To choose your CBD tea, you can take several criteria into account.
A CBD herbal tea made with organic ingredients grown in France or the European Union allows you to enjoy a delicious CBD tea, healthy and safe for your health. Indeed, the hemp grown in these countries meets the quality standards in force (less than 0.2% THC).
The level of cannabinoid contained in the CBD infusion determines its potency and the entourage effect it produces. The best CBD tea contains less than 0.2% THC and a high level of CBD.
Green tea, black tea, iced tea, rooibos, granita... there are a thousand and one ways to drink CBD tea. The CBD infusion can also be enhanced with fruit of your choice to vary the pleasures. This will essentially depend on individual tastes.
Furthermore, the terpenes present in CBD herbal tea also influence its flavor:
- myrcene: gives an earthy, grassy aroma and a very powerful odor;
- caryophyllene: gives a spicy, slightly peppery or woody note;
- linalool: gives subtle notes of lavender to the CBD infusion.
- limonene: gives a lemon taste to CBD herbal tea;
- pinene: gives a pleasant pine smell to the cannabis infusion.
The effects of CBD herbal tea
Not all CBD herbal teas have the same effects: some relieve pain while others promote relaxation. It depends on the strain of cannabis (Indica or Sativa).
Regardless, CBD tea contains theine. It is not recommended to consume it in the evening. Likewise, drinking CBD tea every day is not recommended.
What dosage for CBD herbal tea?
To feel the effects of CBD, the ideal dosage for herbal tea is 0.5 g of flowers or 0.25 g of resin per infusion.
Summary: the key points to remember when making a CBD infusion
To prepare a CBD infusion, two elements are essential:
- boiling water;
- and fat.
Unlike other infusions, CBD herbal tea requires a fatty substance to be able to be infused and assimilated by the body. Quite simply because cannabidiol does not dissolve in water.
What are the benefits of CBD infusion?
CBD infusion offers numerous health benefits. Among other things, it soothes pain, promotes sleep, prevents the onset of many diseases thanks to the antioxidant property of cannabidiol, fights against nausea and vomiting linked to chemotherapy, etc.
How to prepare CBD herbal tea at home?
Making homemade CBD herbal tea allows you to have an inexpensive and healthy CBD infusion. In addition, the preparation is very simple. You must have:
- boiling water ;
- CBD flower, resin or CBD oil;
- fat: butter, milk, cream, etc.
- a tea bag to vary the taste (optional).
For the preparation :
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add fat.
- Place the crumbled CBD flower in a tea ball.
- Leave to infuse for approximately 15 minutes.
How to choose a hemp tea bag?
The choice will essentially depend on individual taste. There are green tea with CBD, black tea with CBD, rooibos with CBD, fruit granita with CBD, iced tea with CBD... It is also advisable to check the quality of the ingredients as well as the content of CBD.